Welcome to Stung Treng Women's Development Centre
Stung Treng Women's Development Centre (SWDC) is located in Sre Po village near the Sekong River, in remote Stung Treng Province, North East of Cambodia. Our project focuses on developing life skills that assist in breaking the cycle of poverty and illiteracy for vulnerable people, especially women in our region.
Established in 2001, by a local Cambodian couple, SWDC was conceived to meet the community's needs. Much of the region deals with the challenges of poverty, low education, few employment prospects and geographical remoteness.
Our programs offer opportunities that improve living standards through education, vocational training and employment.
developing life skills, creating beautiful products
One of our outcomes is mekong blue silk products, now regarded as one of the finest silk products in Cambodia. Our mekong blue silk products are 100% hand-woven, of high quality, unique and UNESCO award winners. Most importantly, their production allows not only preservation but cultivation of the hundred-year old tradition of silk-weaving. It is a product with spirit, truly a pleasure to own and any purchase makes a difference.
Stung Treng Women's Development Center is a Cambodian based humanitarian NGO focusing on developing life skills that assist in breaking the cycle of poverty and illiteracy for vulnerable people, especially women, in Stung Treng Province. Our projects are developed to empower and support, whilst providing knowledge and skills that have a long term benefit.
- Improve standards of living and increase opportunities through education programs in health and literacy.
- Break the cycle of poverty through vocational training in skills that increase employment opportunities and income generation.
- Provide employment opportunities that pay a livable wage, encourage personal development and valuable on the job training.
- Encourage professional competence, ethical practice and quality results through on going training and support activities.
- Continuously develop appropriate and sustainable programs that improve lives, increase skills and benefit the community.
- Provide assistance without reference to religious, ethnic or political background.